Photo by Karolina Grabowska / pexels
Flirting with a guy over text is scary, isn’t it?
He can’t see, hear, smell, or feel you at the moment. It feels like your entire existence is being judged by what and how you text.
You have to be your best self, or you won’t get another chance to start a conversation or make him think of you.
How can you be playful, witty, flirty, and charming – in only 1 or 2 sentences?
How to Flirt with a Guy over Text
I want to put an end to your texting anxiety.
In this guide about how to flirty messages over text, I’ll show you that it’s much easier than you think.
Flirting with your crush over text can be fun, easy, and fail-proof, if you follow a few simple “rules” you’ll see below.
How to Flirt With a Guy over Text (Without Being Obvious)
Let’s say you just signed up for Match.com. What do you text the guy?
Follow these easy guidelines and you’re on your way to winning his heart through text:
1. Be Unique (By Being Yourself)
You want him to like YOU, not a made-up person he won’t recognize when he talks to you face to face.
Write something that no one else would write but you.
By writing about the experiences you’ve shared. About things that you talked about or laughed about in person.
* “That band you told me about is playing this weekend. You going?”
* “Hi Cutie! How do you think you did on the English test?”
2. Use His Name
When you strike up a conversation, try to use his name occasionally. Especially in your first text. This will get him subconsciously engaged in the conversation and make him feel closer to you.
If you have a silly nickname for your crush, use it in your first text.
There’s one big mistake most women make when they’re texting a guy… Which practically ensures he’ll leave you hanging….rather than texting you back right away.
And that mistake is: They don’t text in a way that HOOKS HIS ATTENTION.
3. Ask an Open Question
Asking an open-ended question is a great conversation starter because he will be flattered that you want to keep a conversation with him and know his opinions about stuff.
It’s an ego-booster, and we all know how important ego is for guys.
Keep it simple – ask about something that happened during the day or week, like “How was your mini-vacation this week? As fun as you expected?”
Don’t ask questions that can be answered with only a “yes:” or no”. Give him room to elaborate.
Don’t ask philosophical questions that he won’t know how to answer or will give up due to being too puzzled.
* “What’d you think about last night’s episode of…?”
* “How was your friend’s birthday party yesterday?”
* “Noticed you still weren’t back at school today. How are you feeling?”
* “What’s the weirdest text you’ve ever received from a girl?”
4. Make Him Laugh
In my opinion, making a guy laugh is the best way to make him fall for you.
When a guy sees a message from you and smiles (or even better – laughs out loud) – he is halfway in love with you.
Start with a short funny statement about something you both saw or talked about recently.
Don’t get stressed about being funny. Keep it simple.
* “Stop making me think about you. I’m busy.”
(This funny text is especially effective – it is both funny and flirty).
* What would you do if I told you that I have an identical twin sister? (Add a wink emoticon)
* “I’m thinking about becoming celibate for the rest of my life, what do you think?”
* “Do you think you could beat me in an arm wrestle?”
* “Stop thinking about me. I said stop!”
Did you know? Playing truth or dare over text is one of the BEST ways to flirt with your crush! Here are 80+ flirty truth or dare questions over text to send your crush – I think you’ll love them.
5. Tease Him
Another great way to flirt with him over the phone or text: Teasing him.
So, how do you tease a guy over text?
You can (gently) make fun of your crush, we all like a good tease, as long as you make sure he understands you’re not serious.
Keep it light. You can laugh about his fear of germs or him bing too tight with his guitar.
Make a silly nickname for him, tease him about his silly acts (for example, if he just told you he fell down the stairs, send him a text like “James Bond in training 😜”
Send a wink face emoji to show that you’re just teasing.
Need something sexier? here’s a good example:
“I feel like something’s missing in my life. Namely you.”
6. Compliment Him Over Text
Every guy likes compliments. Compliment him on his looks, his personality, his athletic abilities, or what he’s worn earlier.
Just don’t overdo it!
Men love to be adored and admired by women, so heap on the praise!
This is one of the best flirting tips I can give you. 😉
* “Had fun last night. Thanks again for feeding and entertaining me.”
* “Thou art to me a delicious torment.”
* “I just want to be upfront and say that I visually enjoy you.”
* “You’re lucky you’re so cute. That’s why I keep you around.”
7. Use Emoticons
Since you don’t have the luxury of body language when you text, emoticons come in handy to help clarify your intentions.
And they’re always better, btw, than another “lol” or “haha”.
8. Leave Him Wanting More
Try to always end the conversation first. Why? So you’ll leave him wanting more.
Instead of dragging the conversation until you can’t think of anything else to write, or worse – he just stops answering – leave it exactly when both of you are highly engaged.
But, while you’re ending your text conversation, let him know that you’re looking forward to your next talk.
* “Past my bedtime…I enjoyed talking to you. Talk tomorrow?”
* “Got to go to girls’ night out. Drunk-text you later?”
Flirty Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
Playing truth or dare through text is one of the BEST ways to flirt with a guy.
Truth questions are also a great way to start a conversation with a guy – a conversation that would likely continue over your next (or first) date.
They can also be used to reveal to your guy that you like him – without telling him directly. Huge bonus.
Here are a few flirty truth or dare questions for texts:
How many women have you kissed?
What’s the most embarrassing thing you did while drunk? Describe in detail
Who is the one person you most regret kissing?
Have you ever stalked someone on Facebook?
And flirty dares:
Do 20 pushups and shout my name with each one
Squeeze lemon juice on your elbow and lick it.
Stop the next person you see on-road and tell “I Love You” to him or her.
Sing out loud your favorite love song
Find some lipstick and put it on
Shave your chest
Flirty Texts to Make Him Ask You Out
Flirty texting can easily get you a (date) proposal. The most obvious way is to find the likes that you share and use them to hang out together (on his initiative!)
You can ask him about a new movie or a restaurant. It can turn into making plans to go and see them.
* “At Starbucks studying. Can’t do it anymore. Save me?”
* “Would u rather…get your foot stuck in a bear trap or hang out this weekend?”
* “That new Mexican place has great guacamole. I think you’ll like it as much as I do”.
* “Some friends are going bowling tomorrow night. Don’t come if you’re afraid of losing. To me.”
* Tried the new doughnut shop tonight. You need to check it out!”
* “Hey Kevin..how good are you with your hands?“(Follow up with a message about how you need a shoulder massage)
* “Girls’ night tonight! I’m going to want a testosterone fix tomorrow. You game?”
Avoid THESE Texting Mistakes
1. Don’t send boring first texts like
“What’s up?” and “How are you?”
2. Don’t come on too strong – don’t send a text like
“Would you be mad if we made Saturday ‘Naked Day’?”
Try to keep your flirting subtle. If you come on too strong your crush will feel like he “has you” and won’t get to chase you like he likes to (and they all do).
You can always keep it subtle by writing something like “I just got out of the shower. What do you think – skirt or dress?” or “I’m trying my new clothes on” etc.
This way he will automatically imagine you getting out of the shower, but you don’t seem too aggressively flirty.
3. Make sure you’re not always the first one to text
For the same reasons above.
4. Don’t try too hard to be funny or clever
One minute is more than enough to think about something. If you can’t, put it aside and text him later.
5. Spell check
This should be obvious by now. Spelling mistakes are a huge turn-off.
6. Don’t ever ask him if he likes you via text
Text Flirting with Your Crush – Conclusion
Flirty texts reveal your personality. He can learn so much about you from your texts, which makes the whole thing intimidating and frustrating.
If he answers your texts quickly and with decently long sentences, congratulations. You did great.
If he sends a lot of one-word texts and takes a lot of time to answer – he isn’t hooked just yet (or is texting another girl at the same time).
👉 Used correctly, flirty texts can make him fall in love with you.
Want to turn him off? Send just one inappropriate text. Or a misspelled one. Or text him 9 times before he answers.